In my next life I am definitely going to be a dentist!! Especially if I have three children. We finally finished Patrick's dental work earlier this week just in time for Marshall to have to go back in today. Last night at dinner I noticed that his teeth looked kind of brown and this morning they were even worse. I called our dentist and had to bring him in today. We found out that he definitely has trauma to his two front teeth, but they are okay for now. We have to check them daily to make sure things don't get worse, because if they do she will extract his two front teeth. Poor Marshy!!! He would be toothless for quite some time since the permanent teeth don't come in until 6-8yrs old.
So, now I have Patrick with 4 fillings and Marshall with two brown front teeth! We did get lucky at Patrick's visit this week, however. She was thinking he was going to have to have a pulpectomy and crown, but this was avoided and the tooth was simply filled. Whew! Patrick was such a trooper through all of his dental work and I am hoping the worst is over for him. A note to all parents of children with severe reflux issues- watch their teeth!!! The reflux is the cause of Patrick's issues and had I been made aware of how serious this could be for their teeth I would have been even more of a dental hygiene nut than I already am!! Live and learn, I guess.
Graham has spared us massive dental bills, thus far. I kind of think he is saving up for orthodontist bills, though. His baby teeth are SO close together!! Our dentist has said all I can do is keep flossing them to prevent decay and that only time will tell with him. Like I said, I'm thinking I should have gone into dentistry instead of nursing. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment