Patrick's new favorite silly pose for pictures!September 21, 2009. My Patticakes' first day of preschool. He had a really good day and seems to like his teachers and new friends. He's figuring out that his teachers are Mrs. Hafner and Mrs. Stefani, not Mrs. Hafanie!! He goes from 830am-1130am. Not a long day, but enough. His drop off was better than last week at orientation, but he still wanted me and Marshall to stay with him. I'm sure he'll get the hang of it and march on in the classroom on his own pretty soon! Hopefully Marshall will start in the 2 1/2 yr old room in January because he really wants to go to school, too. He gets so sad when he has to leave with me. :(
I did not write last week after orientation because, to be quite honest, I was not impressed. Patrick had a very hard drop off and the whole thing seemed a little chaotic. I guess I'm just used to a very organized, professional setting coming from Procter and Gamble- Children's for Children. I am spoiled when it comes to childcare and I'm trying to give Hyde Park Community United Methodist Church Preschool a fair chance. It's a great preschool and I just have to get over my issues. Our old school had known our family since Patrick was 5mo. old, seen me throughout my 2 subsequent pregnancies and knew everything about our family. I am sure we will develop a great relationship with our new school, it will just take time.
The most thing is that Patrick has a great experience and enjoys his time in school, and this seems to be happening so far. So, here's to a new adventure for us!!!



No comments:
Post a Comment