...well, not really. I had to take Marshall and Graham to Cincinnati Children's Hospital in the morning. That penny that our "money child" ate had not made it's way into a diaper, that we noticed, anyway. And, Graham's lead level was almost 12, so we had to get a venous blood sample taken and the test redone. Our neighbor was kind enough to watch Patrick, so I only had 2 with me. How easy!!!
The x-ray went really well. They took about half a dozen pictures and did not see the penny in Marshall's GI tract of his upper respiratory tract. He was such a big boy while getting his x-rays!!! He sat on the table and did exactly what they told him to. NO WAY he would behave this way for me! But, I guess I'd rather my children be angels for other people than to be hell raisers and not wanted back.
We should have Graham's lead test results back late this week, and I have to get my level drawn this week. We are currently on a mission to determine where the contamination is occurring. I have a theory that's it due to having the water main and valve replaced in December 2007, when Marshall was 5mo old and the month that Graham was "made." Marshall's level was almost 7, so he has to be tested every 3mo. Hopefully when we get our water lead test back we will know more.
On a different note, spending time at Children's is such a humbling experience. It takes me back to days when Patrick was having all of his GI issues and we were there constantly, but our child was actually healthy in comparison to many of the children we saw. It is such a blessing to have healthy children, and I try to never take this for granted. You see so many children that are suffering, as well as parents, when you walk the halls of a children's hospital. It is truly heart breaking. I find myself praying and thanking God for blessing us with our three beautiful, healthy boys every time I am there and almost want to cry for the other families. However, I believe that you are never given more than you can handle and that there is a plan for every child out there, this is what makes being at a place like Children's more bearable for me. So, everyone out there, hug your babies and be thankful that you have been blessed and say a prayer for all of those mothers and fathers who are caring for and raising sick children and children with special needs. These parents are truly amazing, maybe that is why they have been chosen to raise their special child.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment