Thursday, September 3, 2009

Mommy Burn-out

Well, I am awake for the umpteenth time since the sun set last night. Graham was up at 1245am-120am, 3am-4am, 5am-520am and 6am. He is now in the packnplay in the playroom because mommy is done and does not want him to wake up his brothers. I've decided that teething molars is cruel and unusual punishment for mommies- not so much for babies!! As we are on night number 4 of this horrible routine. During my time up last night, I was thinking about these tough nights with the other two boys and wonering, quite fankly, how in the hell I did it. When Patrick was Graham's age Marshall was 5 weeks old. When Marshall was Graham's age Patrick was 25mo. old and Graham was 3wks. old. Insane! There is no way I could be doing what I am doing now with a newborn or being pregnant. I guess that's why God never gives you more than you can handle. So, I am sitting here at the computer watching my video baby monitor and anxiously awaiting a light to appear on at my neighbor's house, as we are out of coffee. REAL coffee, you know, the stuff WITH CAFFEINE. I've been drinking about a gallon of it a day lately, and now all we have is decaf. That is not going to cut it today.Thank heavens our babysitter comes this afternoon so I can get a break. I have errands to run and hopefully I will remember to come home and not drive off into the sunset...;)

2 comments:

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

I hear ya on the exhaustion! Hope you get some sleep soon.

Ruby Red Slippers said...

Thanks for visiting my blog-I have been where you are!!!
I swear, this too, shall pass-
Then they are starting school, and you are wondering how fast can four years go???
Any questions on kids-ask away-{Well, boy questions, at least!}
My youngest is three, and so far-so good! :)