Waiting in line all day- Check. Glad it's all over- CHECK.
Yesterday was the first day that they gave out the H1N1 vaccine in Cincinnati at the Health Department. Since our pediatrician said that they have NO idea when or even if they will get the vaccine in, we headed down to the Health Department. It was a not-so-great part of town, but I figured it was worth a shot. We got there about an hour before the clinic started and ended up being about 80th in line. They had only 177 vaccines and started turning people away shortly after we got in line. With our placement in line, I figured it would be a rather smooth, quick process. Um, NOPE. It took FOREVER. It was extremely UNORGANIZED. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt that it was the first day and all, but it got pretty ridiculous. I guess that's further proof why our government SHOULD NOT run healthcare?! I ended up having to cancel my doctors appt. for my back and cancel Marshall's doctor's appt. for his ear- he woke up with blood coming out of it. I'm guessing an asymptomatic ear infection or a wad of play dough to be the culprit?! I'll keep you posted. But anyway, by the end of the day all three boys and myself were vaccinated. Yes, I got it, too. I brought a copy of my RN license and they were happy to give it to me. Yes, maybe slightly unethical being that I am not actually employed as an RN right now, but you gotta do what you gotta do. If I were to get sick, we'd be in a world of trouble! We'd have to have family fly in or something to take care of the kids. Not a hectic situation I want to deal with.
The boys, however, seemed to enjoy this crazy experience! They had tons of other kids around to play with and got to stay outside and run around for 4 hours while we were in line outside of the building. At least they were worn out after it all! We head to the car around 4pm, which was parked around the corner and several blocks away from the Health Department. The boys are too young to understand being in a not-so-great part of town, so that was a little difficult. They wanted to take their sweet time and look at everything and I just wanted to haul you-know-what and get back to the car!! We were even lucky enough to see a drug deal take place right at our car while we were only 10 feet away. Um, yeah, just what I want to be in the middle of with my three small children! I started walking REALLY slow once I figured out what was taking place, and the boys just kept telling me to go. Oh, the innocence of childhood!!
But, it's done now. Hopefully by the time they are due for round two of the vaccine it will be more accessible. Today we are off to have Marshall's ear checked out and I have to talk to the vet to figure out if I should do anything about the cat. Yesterday he was drooling like crazy, wouldn't eat and avoided all contact with me. He seems fine today, though. I'm guessing he got into something in the basement. We'll see. Just another thing to add to the to-do list, right?! Patrick also has another round to dental work this afternoon. My poor baby! Hopefully today she'll get at least two fillings done and Patrick will handle it okay. He was such a trooper last time!!
So, wishing a great Wednesday to all!!! Praying for a smooth ear appt. for Marshy and a smooth dental appt. for Patticakes. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment