Saturday, October 17, 2009

Target

I just LOVE Target. I spend WAY too much money there, according to my husband. But, that place totally sucks you in! I think that their marketing team might just be brilliant. However, my children do not share my love of Target. Target is one of those places that they just totally wig out in. I don't know why. All rules regarding behavior, manners, etc. go completely out the window while we are there. Why is this?? Does anyone else's child/children have "trigger" places? Just wondering.

But, while at Target yesterday, I was able to get each boy a pair of inexpensive bown shoes to wear and destroy. I have finally realized that as nice as Stride Rite is, my children do not have to have all of their shoes from that store. Especially considering to "shoe" all three of them there can be pretty pricey. So, mission accomplished. And, any person who saw us at Target yesterday, my deepest apologies go out to you. It was bad. But, just to make myself feel better, I will add that Target does not have the best shopping carts. All of the seat belts are constantly broken and my children must sense that they are not restrained and take total advantage of the situation. Oh well. Lessoned learned. No more Target trips with the boys in tow. And, again, anyone in that store yesterday, PLEASE accept my apology! :)

1 comment:

Lauren said...

I go into target for one thing, such as socks, and spend eighty dollars. It is inevitable. I see fifteen other things that I need (want) while making my way to the sock aisle, and I cannot resist.
As for the child aspect, the girls love target (they love to shop), however, they are terrible when they are with me. Either having meltdowns over toys, clothes, strange items they want (target has that effect on people, it seems), or hiding from me. I have lost Anna in Target twice, after she hid in a clothing rack and I panicked and had the store locked down (she's an excellent hider), she now has to remain in the cart at all stores. So I feel your pain, and anybody that gets huffy over the boys being boys at the store doesn't have kids.