Thursday, October 22, 2009

Special Trips

Tuesday was a day of "special trips" for the big boys! They each got to go somewhere with momma alone, which is a pretty rare event, as usually all three are in tow. I took Patrick on a fieldtrip with his preschool class to Shaw Farms. He was so excited and while we were packing up to head out he kept saying, "only one kid gets to go!" Marshall was pretty upset to not be joining us, but I kept reminding him of his special trip we were taking later in the day. I took Marshall to Joseph-Beth bookstore to buy a doggie stuffed animal like Patrick's and to play at the train table. We also stopped by good 'ol McDonald's for a Happy Meal on the way home!



My favorite pic of my little trip with Marshall!


My sweet Marshy all ready to go on his special trip.




He just LOVES the big train table at Joseph-Beth.
We were even lucky enough to be the only kids playing at the time.
Oops- only one kid! But, momma can count as a kid, too, right?!



Checking out the pig on the way out.




Headed home! Marshall picked out his new puppy dog
and even named him Cryer Avenue! We stopped by
the pet store to get him a new collar and make an engraved
name tag for him, just like Patrick's dog, Pat. Marshall
was also kind enough to pick up a dog for Graham!
We named him Doggie and he has a nice little collar and tag, too.
All three dogs- Pat, Cryer Avenue and Doggie are now members
of our family. They eat with us, take trips with us and sleep with us!




Shaw Farms, a great little working farm out in the Mason area!
We had fun meeting the entire HPCUMC Preschool there
for a hayride, animal petting and run running through the pumpkins!


Momma and her Patrick.
Gotta love the Scooby band-aids that he will not remove!!
I hear they are the latest fashion accessory for the 3 yr old crowd...


Look at that corn!



The soy bean field. I really love this picture because you
can see all the leaves that have changed for fall.
It was so beautiful in real life!


Dora and Boots were at the pumpkin patch, too!



Look! There are some of our friends on the tractor behind us!
Patrick loved looking back and seeing all of his buddies
on the three tractors that were coming behind ours.

Sweet Patticakes :)


Patrick giving the hop scotch a go!


I'm SO BIG, Momma!!



Patrick on the big wooden pirate ship.
All the kids loved running through all the huge wooden
cut outs they had at Shaw Farms!


Now, look at that beautiful girl Patrick
is on the horse and buggy with! ;)
I had a fantastic time taking a special trip with each of my big boys! It is so funny to see the change in their personalities when it's just one of them with me. It amazing- they listen, are more focused on activities and have this sweet little grin on their face the entire time. I really think they love the one-on-one time. This is something Robert and I plan to make sure happens with each of the three boys as they continue to grow older. I don't want them to be just grouped as the "Carraway Boys" all the time!

1 comment:

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

It's really special to have just one with you, isn't it?