Friday, October 30, 2009

The Day I Found Out...


Dear Marshall,

Wow! It was three years ago tomorrow, October 31st, 2006, that I found out you were on your way into the world. It seems so long ago, but also just like yesterday. Your big brother, Patrick, was one day shy of being 3 months old. I was so surprised, yet very excited at the same time. I had a feeling you were a little boy from the very beginning, just as I had with Patrick. And, when that was confirmed I was so happy that you would have a big brother and that Patrick would have a little brother, especially since you guys are so close in age. Your due date (July 14, 2007) was exactly 11 months after Patrick's!! I had a very uneventful pregnancy and felt pretty good the entire time. I did go into preterm labor at 36 weeks, but you changed your mind at the last minute and decided to hold off another 2 weeks, leaving me 5cm dilated and wondering if you were going to just fall out at any given time! You arrived on July 2nd, a little early just as all Carraway babies like to do. You were in a hurry, too, as I was in labor for only about an hour adn a half. You had some major lungs from the moment you entered this world! You always make sure you are heard. You are also the sweetest boy. You are a 'feeler.' You are sensitive, and sensitive to others feelings. You love attention, in any shape or form. You have a twinkle in those big, brown eyes of yours and a grin that can melt any heart. You also have a little mischievous streak, too. It's those eyes and grin that pull you through that mischief!! You push the limits, both in good and bad ways. You will go far in this world because of this, provided we continue to channel this in the correct way. No person ever made change in this world without pushing limits, right?! You are the spitting image of your Grandfather and Uncle Christian, and you have your Uncle's personality, too. I wonder at times if you are his long lost twin! I cannot wait to see what God has in store for you. You are an amazing child and I love you more than you will ever know. My Marsh Man, my Marshy, my Marshmallow, my Mash Tater- I LOVE YOU and am SO blessed that God put you in this world as one of our children.

Love,
Momma :)





Your 3D ultrasound
I just loved seeing your sweet face while you were still in my belly!

Just moments before I would be holding you in my arms.



No comments: