Saturday, October 10, 2009

Relief

So, I am writing to rave about Active Response Techniques!! The past few months my back pain and tightness got out of control. It was making me miserable and unable to run. I asked around and was referred to an ART provider. It is working! After 3 weeks of treatment I am feeling better. ART is a form of soft tissue massage and stretching. It is not exactly comfortable to have done, but it seems to be working out my knotted up hip flexors and back. Evidently, being pregnant for 3 years and running has wrecked havoc on my hips. But, we are making progress. Yippee!!! I ran yesterday and for the first time in months I did not feel as if I was fighting my body. It was so liberating! You runners out there know what I'm talking about. A nice, good, fast, hard run that felt amazing. It made me remember why I love to run! So, any of you out there that are having back/neck/leg pain issues, look into ART. Google it and you'll get to their site to find a provider in your area. I'm too lazy to figure out how to post the link. :) I am fighting the urge to go on a nice, long run today, as I don't want to jinx myself, but maybe tomorrow!! Here's to happy, pain free runs! :) :)

No comments: