Friday, October 2, 2009

A Special Place in My Heart

Graham did not sleep AT ALL last night. I think he was a little cold and starting to cut more teeth. So, what did we do? Well, all he wanted was his "mo-mo." aka mommy milk. I sat in the big chair in his nursery all bundled up under a blanket with him and let him nurse his discomforts away. Any other time I would be cranky as a result, but not this time. The days of him just wanting to cuddle up with me, nuzzle and nurse are limited. I will miss it. I should have dozed while he did, but I just couldn't. I found myself just watching him. He was so peaceful. When we cuddles and nurses I can feel his entire body relax and he just holds my hand and plays with my wedding rings. I know that he is in his "happy place" and it's the sweetest thing ever!! Graham does not have a lovey like his brothers or a pacie (why take a pacie when you can have your momma's boobs?!) I think he just uses me. Which, like I said, can be somewhat irritating, but now that I know our times like this are numbered I just want to soak them all in. So, I may be exhausted today and drinking coffee by the gallon, but I do have a new special memory to keep in a special place in my heart. I love you Grammy! :)

No comments: