Friday, October 16, 2009

Potty Training Backfires and Nightmares

Well, I have a renewed enthusiasm for potty training!! GO ME. I had allowed Patrick to regress just because I was tired and overwhelmed, but not anymore. I bought these little Dora potty charts for both of the big boys. They get a star every time they do all the steps for using the potty. When they fill up their stars, they get a big sticker and a special treat. I'm still working on the special treat. I'm thinking maybe a trip alone with momma to do fun activity, or a bakery trip, or something like that. We'll see. But, Patrick has figured it out. He goes potty just a little bit, gets a star and does the whole routine over again. He's already put 4 stars on his chart this morning. This may be backfiring!

The hard part to all of this? Well, we are LIVING in the bathroom and it's only 9am on the first day. And, Marshall is trying his hardest to keep up the Patrick. Since they are Irish twins, and not true twins, Marshall is not quite as ready as his big brother, but he does not realize this. But, we are giving it a whirl!! Here's to a good potty training journey.

Now on to the nightmares. Robert walked downstairs in the middle of one our numerous potty trips this morning told me he had a dream. A dream that I told him I was pregnant and that was the reason I was in a bad mood yesterday. I informed him that it was no dream, but a NIGHTMARE! I know we are truly blessed and fortunate to have been able to become pregnant, but we are in no way ready for a fourth baby. Hopefully his dream was simply a dream and not anything foretelling our immediate future!!

No comments: